The Council is required to publish certain documents which govern the way that the Council conducts its business.
- Code of Conduct – amended 7 Jan 2013 – outlines the standards of behaviour expected from Council members and co-opted members whenever they conduct the business of the Council.
- Financial Regulations 2014 – Amended January 2016 – which govern the conduct of the financial transactions of the Council.
- Standing Orders – updated Nov 2014 – which govern the conduct of Council meetings.
- Public Participation – which outlines the basis on which members of the public may participate in Council meetings.
- Council Committees – this web page outlines the members of the Council who serve on various committees.
If you require a large print version of a document or minutes from a previous meeting please Contact Us
The documents are published in pdf format. If you do not have software on your computer that will open pdf’s you can download Adobe Reader from the Adobe website. It’s free.
All Members of the Town Council are required by law to register certain financial (called “pecuniary”) and other interests.
Members the Town Council must keep their registration of interests’ under review and notify Craven District Council’s Monitoring Officer of any changes within 28 days.
The current Declarations of Interest for Bentham Town Council members are published here as pdf documents.
- Julie Bridgeman
- Thomas Marshall
- Tim Stannard
- Marion Swales
- Gerald Townson
- John Vendy
- Graham Pritchard
- Gareth Adams
- Brian Handford
- Diane Faraday